Basic recipe for a risotto “all’onda” suitable for any occasion. This type of preparation is the reference for the preparation of a classic Venetian risotto, regardless of the ingredients.
Servings 4 persons
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Celery leg
- 1/2 White onion
- 1/2 Peeled red pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/4 Leek stem
- 300 g Vialone Nano De Tacchi
- 15 g Cold butter
- 15 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the ingredients for the stock (carrot, celery and onion).
2. Put them in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower the fire and let it simmer. Add a little salt. The broth is ready to be used for the risotto after at least 20 minutes of cooking.
Prepare the ingredients for the flavoring, cut into small pieces.
- Heat a little olive oil in a medium saucepan.
3. Add the rice and toast it while mixing, until oil begins to form small bubbles.
4. Add a ladle of broth (filtered).
5. Add the chopped vegetables.
6. Add more broth.
7. Continue cooking, stirring and adding broth as the rice absorbs it.
8. When the rice reaches the desired consistency, turn off the heat and add the cold butter.
9. Add also the grated parmesan cheese and stir vigorously. This is the moment of “mantecatura” or ”creaming”, when we create the typical creaminess of the “wavy” Venetian-style Risotto with the addition of fats like butter and cheese. At this stage, however, may be useful small further additions of broth and it is also important to taste the rice and possibly add a bit of salt.
10. When the “mantecatura” is completed, ladle into a large bowl (not hot) and let stand for a couple of minutes before serving.